Yang, Chu-Chun

My photo
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am an illustrator by profession and have a wide range of creation in graphic, illustration, web design, and animation. This portfolio is a collection of my critical diary of the MA Sequential Design/Illustration in Uni of Brighton.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Portfolio

My name is Yang, Chu-Chun, and I always work as Childishme. I have majored in “Radio and Television Department” in National Chenchi University (NCCU) from 2004 to 2008 and have learned how to produce & edit films and animations. I like to draw; therefore, I am motivated to make illustration as my career after graduation. 

Now, I am an illustrator by profession and I have a wide range of creation in graphic, illustration, web design, and animation. I have an interest in narratives leading my work to develop through various media from drawing into animation. I try to create my own stories and illustrations in different media. This portfolio is a collection of my recent works. Hope you enjoy the journey of my working process. 




I created these two characters by acrylic on a canvas after the end of a relationship in 2008. I thought people have two-faced personalities. Some people looked fierce but had warm and sincere personalities; on the other hand, some looked genial but had sharp and unkind personalities. For these reasons, I created these characters by combining two different elements in each character with contrasting colours. A pink and soft rabbit had a sharp beak, and a crocodile had the dog’s expression.

I was trying to express that there is no need to judge people as to their character and no one should be hurt in any relationships. Although these pictures are still semi-finished works, I do like these two characters. I used the two characters in my first portfolio in 2010. Maybe I thought I am just like one of them.